BEYA STEM Career Fair & Conference
Please note that this job fair
is not sponsored by the UMBC Career Center and we are not managing employer registrations.
Consider registering for our
Spring Career & internship Fair
held Friday, Feb. 17, 2017.
The BEYA STEM Conference sponsored by Career Communications Group
will be held February 9-11. As part of this large annual conference, representatives from several
major corporations and universities will be on hand to meet with students pursuing careers in the
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) fields as well as Business, Finance, and Marketing.
The Career Fair and seminars are free of charge for UMBC students and alumni with an active UMBC email address. All students are welcome to attend.
All attendees must pre-register with BEYA, and in order to gain access for free and/or take the free bus to the Career Fair, you must also register with the UMBC Career Center by Friday, Feb. 3, 5PM (see instructions below). If you intend on attending more than just the Career Fair portion of the Conference and will be needing hotel accommodation you must register by Fri, Feb. 3. Contact
of the UMBC Career Center if you have any additional questions.
Dress to impress and bring plenty of updated resumes!
Note: Graduate School Admissions reps will also be in attendance.
Steps in order to attend the fair/conference:
- Go to the BEYA.org Student Registration page
- Click on "Upload Your Resume"
- After uploading your resume click on ”Start” from the Student Registration page
- On Search screen
- Fill in your first and last name, then click on “Search.”
- If this is your first time registering for this conference, click "New Member," then click "Start" again and complete the form.
- If you have registered previously, click "Old Member," select your name and click on “Start.”
- If the system does not find any results for your name, click "New Member," then click "Start."
- On Attendee Information Screen, enter ALL required information
- Complete the student information.
- Do not enter a “Comp Pass Code.”
- Click “Continue.”
- On Conference Registration Fee Screen - Select "Students Local A (Career Fair+) Complimentary."
- On General Events Screen – Select BEYA Career Fair (Saturday, Feb. 11) and select any other event(s) that you will be attending, then click the "Continue" button.
- On Education Sessions Screen – Select any/all session(s) you want to attend, then click the "Continue" button.
- On Awards Gala Screen
- If you wish to attend the BEYA Awards Gala (Black Tie) (Ticket Required) on Saturday evening, select - "General". (Note: There is a fee for this event and there will not be a shuttle to this event.) Or click No if you will not be attending.
- Click the "Continue" button.
- On Table Selection Screen - Select your seat location by clicking on an open seat. Click "Continue" button.
- On Review Screen – please review all content and click "Continue."
- On Payment Screen
- This should say $0 “No Payment Required” (unless you added the Awards Gala).
- Confirm your email address.
- Click on "Complete Registration."
- On Confirmation Screen – Print a copy of confirmation and keep it. Do this now if you have a printer. A copy of the confirmation will also be EMAILED to you, so make sure the email address you entered is correct! BRING A COPY OF THIS CONFIRMATION WITH YOU TO BEYA!
- Fill out and submit our RSVP form so the UMBC Career Center knows how many students will be attending and who would like to take the FREE SHUTTLE BUS.
Please note that the shuttle bus will only run once to and from the BEYA STEM Career Fair on Saturday. To take the shuttle, please fill out the RSVP form, listed in step 13 above.